- Write it out. If you write down what you want to do, it is a conscious decision that you are aware of.
- Pencil it in. Don't just add it to your "to-do" list, because it will probably remain there. Be specific about what time you plan on giving to your new goal.
- Be consistent. This one's a biggie, as experts say it takes at least 21 days to establish a new habit. Practice it every day instead of only a couple times a week.
- Tell a friend. They can hold you accountable for it, and who knows, they might join you too!
- Do what works for you. Some can quit a bad habit cold turkey, while some need to slowly phase it out.
- Try again. If at first you don't succeed...keep going, you can do it!
- Measure it. Create a system to see how successful you have been and take note of the positive changes.
As far as our blog is concerned, it is still relatively new to us and difficult to make it a habit. But if we stay focused, we can get it done without missing a beat!